Donna Placidi and Danielle Andes PP1-PP3
Simplicity is extremely important for this age group. Please do not send in any additional supplies or toys, since these can easily become a distraction. Thank you – we truly appreciate your help!
Please put your child’s name / initials on the following items. This is especially helpful for small items, including socks, mittens, etc.
- A backpack large enough to hold a 2-pocket folder
- No rolling backpacks please.
- A backpack with the least number of pockets is best.
- Please: No toys or playthings attached to the backpack – such items are especially distracting.
- A 2-pocket folder to carry papers between school and home
- Please put your child’s name on the front of the folder in the top left corner.
- 1 photo of your child for his/her cubby (2nd and 3rd year children)
- 2 photos of your child for 1st year children
- A soft pencil case
- Please avoid a hard, plastic pencil case.
- Colored pencils (no erasable/scented, etc. pencils, please). The Crayola 24-pack works well.
- Scissors that fit your child’s hand — pointed scissors are fine
- A block eraser (pink or white)
- 2 changes of clothing appropriate for the season
- Please include: underwear, socks, pants / leggings and a top / tunic.
- Please put names / initials on each of these items.
- Please make sure these are clothes that your child will wear and can put on independently.
- Indoor athletic shoes / sneakers (no “light-up” shoes please)
- Later, when the weather prevents playing outside, we’ll use these for gym shoes.
- Old shoes are fine, but soles must be cleaned.
- These shoes stay at school and will only be worn inside. For example, your child can change into them when he or she wears rain or snow boots to school.
- Velcro closures are OK for younger children. If possible, please try to have tie shoes for older children.
For Community Use (i.e. no names on these, please):
- 12-pack or larger, Ticonderoga #2 pencils